360 Professional Development Programme opportunity for emerging dancers
© Peter Fannen, Dancers Ellie Marsh and Beth Veitch
Fertile Ground resumes our 360 Professional Development Programme for emerging dancers to run alongside Company's artistic activities in 2022.
The 360 programme will support six newly trained dancers aged 18-25. It is aimed at recent graduates who might be struggling to obtain their first professional job in the sector. Running alongside our professional artistic programme , it offers mentoring and practical sessions with Fertile Ground staff and collaborators, support with managing self-employment, audition preparation and maintaining and improving dance technique through regular training with the Company. It is designed to increase performance and broaden professional capabilities with the aim of enhancing confidence and skills amongst talented dancers who face difficulties in achieving their goals due to personal or environmental circumstances.
Beyond the free professional development opportunity, Fertile Ground will offer bursaries to support the costs of participation.
To apply, you must:
• Be a newly trained dancer age 18-25.
• Have a meaningful connection to the North East of England - candidates would be born, trained or have lived for a significant amount of time in the NE in the last few years.
To be considered for the programme please send the following information to
email@example.com using FG 360 programme 2022 as subject title
• A current CV including your date of birth, your training history and any performance experience to date
• A short motivation letter stating the reasons for your interest in the 360 programme and your relation to the North East of England
• A link to a video of you dancing - maximum 10 minutes long. If the footage shows you dancing in a group, please, identify yourself clearly in the recording.
The deadline to apply is 3 April, 12pm, 2022.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an online interview and might be asked to provide additional video recording. There will be no live audition.
Time frame: Selected participants will be offered professional development opportunities with the Company during the period of April 18 - May 27 2022, with further opportunities in the autumn 2022. Following interviews with successful candidates a tailored programme of support will be agreed with each participant.
About us: Fertile Ground is the North East of England’s repertory touring dance company. Dedicated to talent development and retention in the North East and North of England, our aim is to nurture, challenge and inspire a new generation of dance artists and to develop and present inspirational and accessible dance for the people of the North. Our vision is to help make the North East of England the place to dance.