Fertile Ground research 2020 Audition
Newcastle-based company Fertile Ground is looking for dancers to research two exciting, new projects with a multi disciplinary team of collaborators including artistic co-directors Malgorzata Dzierzon and Renaud Wiser. You will be required for a maximum of 10 days of research from mid July to mid August 2020 with the potential to join the company for the production and tour of its new season at a later stage.
To apply, you must:
• Be an emerging professional dancer. Fertile Ground offers paid engagement to dancers at an early stage of their professional career.
• Have a meaningful connection to the North East of England - candidates would be born, trained or have lived for a significant amount of time in the NE in the last few years.
• Have an interest in collaborative practice and in working with children and young people, as an important part of the company’s activity consists of delivering workshops to students at primary, secondary, FE and HE levels.
To be considered for the position, please send the following information to email@example.com using FG audition 2020 as subject title:
• A recent CV including your date of birth, your training history and any performance experience to date
• A motivation letter stating your interest in the company and your relation to the North East of England
• A video link of you dancing - maximum 10 minutes long. If the footage shows you dancing in a group, please, identify yourself clearly in the recording.
The deadline to apply is midday on the 30th June 2020.
The positions are paid. If short-listed, we might ask you to provide further video content and take part in an online interview. Due to the current social distancing measures, there will be no live audition.